Updated: Dec 31, 2019
Plant-based, Vegan, Gluten Free
For the Crust:
- 2 cup Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds)
- 1/2 cup Pitted Medjool Dates (Packed)*
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 cups Raw Cashews (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Spray an 8 inch round springform pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the macadamia nuts, pitted dates and dried desiccated coconut to the food processor and process until it starts to form into a sticky dough. It will start off crumbly, keep going until it starts to clump together in sticky clumps.
- Transfer to the springform pan and smooth it down into a pie crust. Use the back of a spoon to press it down into a neat flat layer.
- Place into the freezer to set.
- Take your soaked and rinsed cashew nuts and place them into the blender jug. Add the water, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract and then blend everything together until very smooth. Stop and give your blender a break as needed as this is a lot of volume to blend up. Pour this over the crust and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Return to the freezer to set completely – about 4-6 hours.
- When the cheesecake has completely set, remove it from the springform pan and put it onto a cake stand to do your topping.
- Allow the cheesecake to thaw at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Once the cheesecake is thawed, keep it stored in the refrigerator or freezer*