At Veg it Out, we say EAT MORE VEGGIES, but ironically, we don’t post many salad recipes.
I think it’s because we know that you know what to do with veggies in a salad. That’s duh. What’s more of a challenge is how to make veggies and plants into a whole meal.
That being said, we had to try the TikTok trending Green Goddess salad, and it did not disappoint! I have to admit I wasn’t sure if it was worth the hype, but it’s actually really great. I prefer it after it’s sat in the fridge for a few hours, so the flavors mix into each other.
Use a blender or food processor for the dressing. And you just need a knive and cutting board to cut the veggies. I like using a flatish bowl for salads these days but any bowl will work.
Veg it Out’s Green Goddess Salad
- Blender or Food Proccessor
- * 3 cups of chopped white cabbage
- * 2 small chopped cucumbers about 2-3 cups
- * 4-5 green onions sliced thin white and green parts
- * 1 avocado
- * Handful of parsley can also use green onions, dill mint and cilantro in addition or instead
- * 1/2 cup or broccoli or spinach
- * 2 garlic cloves
- * 1/2 cup olive oil
- * 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- * Juice from one lemon
- * Water save to thin out
- * Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl
- Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add water at 1 tbsp intervals if need to thin out
- Add a cup of dressing to salad and mix together. Store the rest of the dressing in a sealed jar in the fridge.