Kosher for Pesach – Kitnyiot Free- Gabracht Free- Vegan- Gluten free
- 3 large and 1 small potatos (740 grams of peeled potato)
- 1 1/3 cup of potato starch (160 grams potato starch)
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Bring a big pot of water and salt to a boil. Peel the potatoes and cut into medium sized cubes so the will cook faster. Add the potatoes to the boiling water and cook until soft. (test readiness by taking out one cube with a fork. The fork should Peirce the potato easily. Then mash the cube of potato with the back of the fork. It should mash smooth easily)
- Transfer ready potatoes to a big bowl. (Ideally just remove from the water. Save the potato water in the pot to use for boiling the dumplings later.) In the bowl mash the potatoes with the back of a spoon, a potato masher or potato ricer. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool down and make it easier to handle.
- Add to the bowl the potato starch. Mix together and squeeze the dough until all the starch has disappeared. Using a tablespoon measure out portions and form into balls using hands. Wet your hands to keep balls circular. Then use the tablespoon to make an indent in the dumpling (see video).
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. And add dumplings. Cook until the dumplings float to the top. Remove the dumplings from the water with a spoon.
- For the chili oil sauce- bring a pot of oil to a rolling boil. Add chili flakes, crushed garlic and salt on top in the center of the dumplings. Pour the boiling oil on top (listen to that sizzle!). Mix and serve with hebrs of choice- Green onions, basil, mint or parsley would be great. And combos of these- also great!