Updated: Dec 20, 2021
Move over Chumus and Matbucha!
Meet ✨ Romesco ✨
Ok so how do we make it?
- 2 red peppers, roasted, deseeded and peeled
- ½ cup raw almonds (unsalted)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine everything using a blender (preferably) or food processor. Securely fasten the lid and blend, starting on low and increasing the speed as you are able to gain traction. Blend until you reach your desired consistency (I like my Romesco sauce pretty creamy but still slightly chunky, but you might prefer it with a more smooth texture).
2. Taste, and add additional salt (up to ¼ teaspoon) if it doesn’t quite knock your socks off yet. Serve immediately, or store in a jar in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days. Can also freeze for a few weeks.