Vegan Almond Hamantaschen
I added in almond extract but I just love the flavor in baked goods. You can just leave it out. The dough is a base vegan Hamantaschen recipe. Fill with whatever you like: chocolate chips, jam, peanut butter the possibilities are endless.
- Large bowl, spoon, rolling pin, baking sheets, oven
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tbsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup raw tachina
- 1 tbsp date honey
- Date Honey
- Cocunut flakes
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c or 360f.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients and then add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix together with a spoon until combined. Then kneed with hands for 5 minutes until the dough comes together. Remove and put on a flat surface to be rolled out.
- In the bowl that you mixed the dough add the filling ingredients. Mix together until thick.
- Roll out the dough not too thin. Use a circle glass or circle cookie cutter to cut out circles. Take a circle and spread it out a bit more with your hands. Put a tbsp of the filling in the center of the circle and pinch the corners together to make a triangle shape.
- Bake in the oven at 180c/360f for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Remove from oven and let cool down on a plate. Then drizzle with date honey and sprinkle with coconut flakes.