#vegan #plantbased #glutenfree #protein
👑Breakfast in bed is exclusively saved for Mother’s day in my mind.
☀️You wake up and are surprised with a full spread.
🍲Although your first reaction is “oh man, what about the crumbs”, this thought quickly slips away as you get a look at what your family put together for you.
An omelet, amazing dips, a beautiful smoothie bowl, and some flowers. Awww….
This breakfast in bed or on a table any morning frankly can be yours for $19.99!
Just joking, you can make it yourself at home right now! And btw omelets are not exclusively for eggs.
😋Our omelet is made out of lentil flour. With sauteed onions and mushrooms, added tons of herbs and it is seriously so good. Whether you don’t eat eggs or do this is a great way to mix things up and try something new.
What are your plans for Mother’s day?
👇Let us know in the comments below👇
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced into strips
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp herbs (parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, scallions)
- ½ cup red lentil flour
- ½-¾ cup water or plant-based milk
- Herbs for topping (parsley, cilantro, dill, basil, scallions)
- Sauces for dipping (ex: Tachina, Sundried tomato spread, pesto, cashew cream, salsa, guacamole)
- Drizzle a small frying pan with olive oil. Saute the onions until translucent and browned. Move them over to one side of the pan and add the mushrooms in a single layer. Let sit until browned on one side and flip over. Add the spices and herbs.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the lentil flour and start incorporating the water. Add a little mix in and add more. If you want a thicker omelet then the batter should be similar to pancake batter if you want a thinner omelet then add more water until you get to an eggy consistency. (note: a ticker omelet is easier to flip) Add the mushroom and onion mixture to the bowl of batter and mix.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil if that pan is dry. Pour in half of the batter. Let cook until the sides are dry and the omelet starts to dry in the middle. Check the bottom with a spatula, you want the bottom to be a bit browned. Flip the omelet. Cook some more until the bottom is browned. Transfer to a plate and top with chopped herbs.
- Serve with dips and a chopped salad. Enjoy!