Updated: Dec 20, 2021
This is super delish!
Meet ⭐ Zucchini Alfredo ⭐
So, how do you make it?
- 2-4 zucchinis
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 box sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped (fresh basil optional)
- For the Alfredo Sauce: Bring 12 cups of water to boil in a pot. Add cauliflower florets, cashews, and 2 teaspoons of salt, cook until cauliflower is very soft and falls apart easily when poked with a fork for about 20 minutes. Drain cauliflower mixture in colander and let it cool slightly for about 5 minutes
- Process cauliflower mixture, garlic cloves, 3 tbsp oil, and 1 cup water in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed, about 2 min. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Next, heat a large frying pan with olive oil. Spiralize the zucchinis and add to frying pan. Sprinkle with salt. Cook until heated through. Remove zucchini from pan and put to the side in a bowl.
- At this point you can slice mushrooms and sauté them. Add the Alfredo sauce and cook until bubbling. Keep mixing so it doesn’t burn. If serving immediately add in the zucchini. If not store and heat separately. Combine when ready to serve. Garnish with chopped basil.